On the 28th December 2018 I made a ‘to-do’ list of all the things I wanted/needed to get done in January. How well did I do?
- Throw out unwanted items. I have so many boxes at my parents house with old stuff in which I really don’t use or need. I need to go through everything and donate/sell anything I no longer want.
- Sort clothes. Again, another lot of sorting out at my parents house. Old coats especially. I have SO many coats in my wardrobe at home which I haven’t worn in years. Time to donate them.
I still haven’t managed to get round to sorting out my stuff at my parents house. However, they go away for one of the weekends this month so I’m planning on staying round then and sorting stuff out while I have a empty house.
HEALTH + PERSONAL
- Take up a new class at the gym. I’m at the gym everyday because that’s where I work. So there’s no excuse for me not to be trying something new out!
Plan my meals better. The key to success is planning. I bin way too much food because I don’t plan my meals properly, and sometimes I don’t eat well because I have nothing in.
- Trial some contact lenses. I really don’t want to wear glasses 24/7 anymore. I think I’d like to give contact lenses a go!
Visit the hair salon. I haven’t had my haircut since August ’18 (I’m so rubbish at being a woman) I need my colour doing and there’s a lot of hair that needs to go.
In this section I did pretty well I think. The only thing I haven’t managed to do is take up a new class at the gym. This is a MUST for February!
Open up a savings account. I want to put savings into a 3-year fixed ISA account to maximise the interest. Reduce my spending. I spend way too much money on food. Yep you read that right.
Savings account is opened and I have reduced my food shopping amount by around £30 a week. That’s a total saving of £120 a month! #Winning
Plan a holiday. I’m not 100% certain where I’m flying to next, but I’m hoping by the end of January I will have come to a decision so I know how much I need to save.
Holiday plans are in the making and I have booked my time off work ready to book those flights. I know exactly where I’m going, I’m just keeping it top secret at the moment!
- Publish a recipe on my blog. I love cooking, it’s what I do for a living. For a while now I have wanted to bring a ‘food’ category to my blog. I have so many recipes that I want to share!
Finish drafted blog posts. I have so many ideas, that sometimes I’ll begin writing, have another idea and then start another post without finishing the last one. I’d like to finish all my drafted blog posts and get them published.
I failed to publish a recipe on my blog. But, there are a lot of drafted blog posts I managed to get finished in January. However, there are still around 10 sat on the ‘drafts’ folder.
Use my 2019 diary. I buy a diary every year but I haven’t used one properly since 2016. I can’t wait to start planning and writing things in my diary again.
- Clean out my inbox. I suck at deleting emails. I’d like to have a real good inbox clear out.
- Go through who I’m following on Instagram. I’m almost following 1,000 accounts. Too many of these people don’t inspire me. Time for a social media clear out!
Still a bit of work to do on the organisational front. I’ve managed to use my diary a lot in January. I still need to go through my emails and Instagram account.
I don’t think I did too bad in January. It was a busy month for me and I’m happy with what I managed to achieve. How was your January?
A 24 year old from the Midlands, always looking to escape her hometown for an adventure.